1. One legal photo ID (identification):
a. State Driver’s License
b. Government issued Passport
c. Military or Law Enforcement Officer Photo ID card
d. Student School Photo ID card
e. State Photo ID card
2. If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification:
a. Non-photo State ID card (some states still have them)
b. Birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c. Social security card
d. Employer's wage statement or Minor's work permit
e. School ID card
f. School or Public Library card
g. Utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
3. Students/minors without a photo ID need to bring only one of the
above items if a legal guardian presents their photo ID; otherwise
two non-photo IDs are required.
Minor children (under the age of 18) may be accompanied in the
room by an adult during the test.
4. Your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN); VEC’s are required by the FCC to submit your FRN number with your license application form. If you have not been issued a FRN, visit the FCC's Registration page and the FCC's Registration instructions page. Please note that all exam teams will only accept a valid FRN on your application.
5. If applicable, bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website, or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. If your license has already been issued by FCC, the CSCE showing license credit is not needed. The photocopy(s) will not be returned.
Instructions on how to obtain an official FCC license copy are on the ARRL website Obtain License Copy web page.
6. Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
7. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed. You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session and the phones' calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used.
8. Bring $15 cash to cover the exam session fee.